Rich City RIDES is fiscally sponsored by Urban Tilth a 501c3 non-profit. We formed in August 2012 to use cycling as a method to increase healthy activity, community skill building, build businesses and create opportunities for the most vulnerable members of marginalized communities.
Rich City Rides is based in West Contra Costa County, Richmond. The City of Richmond, specifically the Iron Triangle and North Richmond area is a historically marginalized community comprised of people defined as ethnic minorities/people of color. While we invite volunteer support from the greater bay area and beyond, our program is unique because local residents exclusively staff Rich City Rides, adding a deeper community engagement and empowerment aspect to our program in a community that historically has been on the outskirts of local development efforts.
We currently host our program activities from the Rich City Rides Community Shop, our latest business endeavor. Come visit us to show your support.
Rich City Rides Community Shop
1500 Macdonald Ave. • RICHMOND, California 94801
Mon. – Fri. 12pm – 5pm | Sat. 12pm – 5pm
Our programs consist of
- Rich City Rides Community Shop Project
- Earn-A-Bike Program
- Commuter Cyclist Program
- Bicycle Repair Workshop Program
- Social Rides
What Rich City Rides Has Achieved as of August 2012
last updated 04/29/2016
- Social Rides: 224
- Social Ride Guests: 2736
- Bike Clinics/Fixins/Workshops: 280
- Work Shop Participants: 1168
- Earn A Bike Participants: 79
- Commuter Cyclist Participants: 67
- Bikes provided to EAB and CC Participants: 158
- Missing Bikes Recovered: 17
- Bikes rescued from a fate at the local landfill: 619
Operated and Staffed by
- 50% African American 35% Hispanic 10% Asian 10% Caucasian
- 100% Richmond Residents.
Advisory Board consist of
- 70% POC
- 80% Richmond Residents
- 100% Cyclist